Online Video training that will take your career to the next level as you learn how to create a fully linked, resource-, cost-loaded and professional construction schedule using CCS Candy.
CCS Candy Course Introduction
Master the art of creating a schedule in CCS Candy. Scheduling is an essential project management skill and it’s guaranteed to boost your career and raise your stature as an essential member to the project team. With this short course from Le Roux Consulting, you have the opportunity to learn from the best in the industry and become a CCS Candy planning expert on your next project. Whatever your job title, the skills you get from this course will help set you apart in the industry.
What you get
39 Video Lectures
High quality video lessons for you to watch and learn from home, your office or even on a remote site location.
CCS Candy sample files
You get to download a real, expertly crafted CCS Candy construction schedule template and sample. You can download and keep the ccs file to learn from.
Tailored Quizzes and Assignments
Between lessons, your knowledge is solidified through case studies, assignments and quizzes.
Real Case-study project
The course walks you through a realistic case study step-by-step and shows you how an expert will apply CCS Candy to schedule the work.
Access to leading CCS Candy Experts
You get to ask your burning questions to one of the leading project management and scheduling experts.
Bonus content not often shared in the industry.
What you will learn
Our CCS Candy construction scheduling course is designed to take you through a realistic case study project in CCS Candy. The course is divided into 8 different modules. These modules start with basic fundamentals and build up to ensure you are able to understand, not only the fundamentals of planning but that you are also able to see how a realistic schedule is created and updated using CCS’s software. You will learn the following after completing this course:
- How to get a free trail version of the CCS Candy software;
- Understand how to find your way in the software;
- Understand the fundamentals of Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling and how the software calculates the critical path.
- Learn about the different task types and logic links in Candy
- Take a step-by-step approach to scheduling a real project in Candy
- Learn the importance of Work Breakdown Structures
- Learn how to produce a Work Breakdown Structure in Candy that is efficient and professional
- Learn to set up project calendars and unique calendars for different teams
- Learn how to add milestones to your schedule
- Understand how to create and assign resources to a schedule
- Understand how to work with filters and sorting
- Learn how to use constraints and their role in the schedule
- See how to capture and manage Baselines
- Learn how to update your schedule correctly
- Learn how to report on your schedule with some simple techniques
Who will benefit from this course?
- Construction professionals, project managers, principal agents, development managers, planners, site agents, contracts managers, quantity surveyors, estimators or anyone looking to gain a career advantage by adding CCS's Candy software as a skill on their CV.
Get a pdf copy of our detailed course notes on the CCS Candy planning course.
If you have any questions related to this course or require additional information, you are welcome to contact our training manager Rene Engelbrecht at [email protected] or visit our website at https://www.lerouxconsulting.com/ccs-candy-online-...
Please note that Candy is a software product of the company CCS. You can view their software and products here. We have extensive experience using Candy and its implementation on construction projects however, we have no formal affiliation with CCS or Candy, nor do we claim such a relationship in any manner.
Kobus is a professional project manager, planning professional and construction contracts expert. He is a Scheduling Professional accredited through the international Project Management Institute (PMI).
He is a guest lecturer and PMI Accredited Training Instructor (ATI) for University programs in Project Management as well as PMP exam preparation. He has expert insight into the application of scheduling tools and scheduling principles which he conveys to project management students at Business Schools, IT, Project Management and Construction Economics faculties.
His experience in assisting clients as a professional planner, senior project manager and construction contract expert spans over 15 years during which time he’s assisted numerous project teams and companies with complex, construction schedules, disputes or claims in over 7 countries. He has scheduled and managed numerous high value projects in sectors such as building, civil works, mining, power, rail and oil/gas. He is one of the foremost forensic experts in delay analysis and claims. He is also a leading contributor of commercially related articles and publications on the topic of scheduling and using software to achieve excellent project management results.
Having dealt with planning, forensic scheduling and project management for a number of prominent clients internationally, Kobus is proficient in planning packages such as Microsoft Project, CCS Candy, Synchro Pro, Asta and Primavera.
"Excellent course, what I liked most is the step by step teaching method"
- Matthew Versfeld, Engineer, Roadmac Surfacing
"This was a great course and it assisted me to do better planning on Candy for my future"
- Pierre Cloete, Assistant Site Agent
"This was an excellent course - easy to follow and understand"
- Chosen Maluleke, Raubex
"Great startup course in Candy planning. Very well presented!"
- Guillaume Nel, Trainee Site Agent
Frequently Asked Questions
Enroll today and earn your certificate from one of the leading planning and controls consultancies in the industry