Principles of Construction Planning and Programming - LP101
Learn the basic principles of planning and scheduling in construction
This course provides an introduction into construction planning and scheduling and is a pre-requisite for any of our software courses like MS Projects and CCS's Candy.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the Critical Path Method (CPM) and how it is used in planning and scheduling;
- Understand the goal and benefits of CPM to construction projects;
- List the steps to compile a schedule that adheres to the Good Practice Principles laid down by international organisations;
- Compile quick and easy PERT diagrams.
- Compile a professional and efficient Works Breakdown Structure on a project
- Understand the underlying assumptions in logic and duration.
- Understand resource loading and its importance to CPM.
- Compile a basic construction schedule for a sample project.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Construction professionals, project managers, principal agents, development managers, planners, site agents, contracts managers, quantity surveyors, estimators or anyone looking to start or advance their career in project management or construction planning.
What you will get:
- Each course participant will receive a professional, signed certificate of completion once they finish the course. We keep detailed records of certificates to ensure independent verification.
- Our course is created by one of the leading planning and scheduling consultancies in South Africa with more than a decade's experience in applying Candy on small to mega sized projects. You will get all the foundation knowledge and more!
- The online version of our course provides a range of benefits:
- You have four months of access to the course which means you can proceed at your own pace and revert back to difficult topics or refresh your memory months after completion.
- You can save more than 50% on the normal course fees, including travel and accommodation because... erm.. there is none!
- You save a lot of time. For some skilled students, two days worth of training can be done in a day or less as they move fast and don't need to wait for other students to keep pace.
- Some of our best practice resources and templates included for FREE!
- We provide discount for company bookings of 5 or more. For company bookings please contact the course leader at the address below to arrange special discount coupons.
If you have any questions related to this course or require additional information, you are welcome to contact our training manager Sanet at email@example.com. Alternatively you may contact the course leader directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kobus’s experience spans in excess of ten years and covers a wide range of complex projects in a variety of sectors including energy, rail, building, civil- and mining infrastructure. He is an expert in project planning and scheduling and related software packages. He is the founder of Le Roux Consulting, a construction consultancy offering highly specialised project controls services to the construction and engineering industry in South Africa and Africa. He served 8 years as a part-time lecturer for the department Construction Management and Quantity Surveying at the University of the Free State where he completed his MBA in 2014. This unique set of skills combined with years of construction experience makes him an ideal course leader with a good balance of technical/project management skills, commercial acumen and educational insight.