Microsoft Project: Scheduling Course for Construction Professionals (We are updating the course check back 10/04/2020)
Online Short Course
Take your career to the next level by learning the essentials of creating a fully linked, accurate and professional schedule using MS Project. This essential course aims to cut through the fluff and get you scheduling fast. You are given a case study that will teach you step-by-step how to use Microsoft Project. This essential course is compatible and adapted to the 2010, 2013 and 2016 versions of Microsoft Project.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
√ Understand how to navigate the menus and create new projects;
√ Produce Work Breakdown Structures that are efficient and professional
√ Learn how to create a professional looking project schedule from scratch
√ Learn how to isolate and review your critical path
√ Make your weekly update and tracking of your project schedule easy and hassle free
Who will benefit from this course?
- New Project Managers with no experience of MS Project
- Users looking to gain a career advantage by adding real MS Project skills to their CV
What you will get:
- Each course participant will receive a professional, signed certificate of completion once they finish the course. We keep detailed records of certificates to ensure independent verification.
- The course is provided on the latest version of MS Project, namely 2016 but will also work for users with the 2013 and 2010 version.
- On-demand video and step-by-step instructions
- Case study with a real life planning example that will walk you through the application of knowledge.
- Access to one of the leading project management experts in asking questions and getting clarity on any topic covered
- Great project file templates for your own use and to experiment with
If you have any questions related to this course or require additional information, you are welcome to contact our training manager Sanet at [email protected]. Alternatively you may contact the course leader directly at [email protected]
Please note that Project 2016 is a software product of the company Microsoft. We have extensive experience using MSP and its implementation on construction projects however, we have no formal affiliation with Microsoft in any way, nor do we claim such a relationship in any manner.
Kobus’s experience spans in excess of ten years and covers a wide range of complex projects in a variety of sectors including energy, rail, building, civil- and mining infrastructure. He is an expert in project planning and scheduling and related software packages. He is the founder of Le Roux Consulting, a construction consultancy offering highly specialised project controls services to the construction and engineering industry in South Africa and Africa. He served 8 years as a part-time lecturer for the department Construction Management and Quantity Surveying at the University of the Free State where he completed his MBA in 2014. This unique set of skills combined with years of construction experience makes him an ideal course leader with a good balance of technical/project management skills, commercial acumen and educational insight.