This course provides detailed instruction on how to use CCS's planning module to produce a working construction programme.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the planning module of Candy, how to navigate the menus and create new companies and jobs;
- Create project schedules using internationally recognised best practice principles.
- Produce Long Lead and Information Required schedules from the project schedule and use them to manage your professional team, control the contractual- and other information requirements.
- Allocate planning resources to your schedule to produce labour or plant histograms making sure everyone understands the resource requirements of your project.
- Do status updates of your programme to compare your project's planned progress with actual progress.
- Identify and isolate delays in terms of information or progress on site.
- Produce custom, professional reports showcasing progress, delays or areas of concern.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Construction professionals, project managers, principal agents, development managers, planners, site agents, contracts managers, quantity surveyors, estimators or anyone looking to gain a career advantage by adding CCS's Candy software as a skill on their CV.
What you will get:
- Each course participant will receive a professional, signed certificate on completion.
- Our course is created by one of the leading planning and scheduling consultancies with more than a decade's experience in applying Candy on small to mega sized projects. You will get all the foundation knowledge and more!
- The online version of our course provides a range of benefits:
- You have four months of access to the course which means you can proceed at your own pace and revert back to difficult topics or refresh your memory months after completion.
- You can save more than 50% on the normal course fees, including travel and accommodation because... erm.. there is none!
- You save a lot of time. For some skilled students, two days worth of training can be done in a day or less as they move fast and don't need to wait for other students to keep pace.
- We provide discount for company bookings of 5 or more. For company bookings please contact the course leader at the address below to arrange special discount coupons.
If you have any questions related to this course or require additional information, you are welcome to contact our training manager Sanet at [email protected]. Alternatively you may contact the course leader directly at [email protected]
Please note that Candy is a software product of the company CCS. You can view their software and products here. We have extensive experience using Candy and its implementation on construction projects however, we have no formal affiliation with CCS or Candy, nor do we claim such a relationship in any manner.
Kobus le Roux is a professional project manager and expert scheduling professional based in South Africa where he heads up a boutique construction consultancy. His company, Le Roux Consulting offers highly specialised project controls services to the construction and engineering industry in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Kobus holds the internationally recognized credential in project scheduling from the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a professional scheduler (PMI-SP). With more than 15 year's experience in planning and scheduling Kobus and his team has scheduled and managed numerous high value projects in sectors such as building, civil works, mining, power, rail and oil/gas.
Having dealt with planning, forensic scheduling and project management for a number of prominent clients internationally, Kobus is proficient in planning packages such as Microsoft Project, CCS Candy, Synchro Pro, Asta and Primavera.
Kobus is also a course leader in live CPD courses and regularly provides instruction to post-graduate attendees of PMI-accredited programmes in project management.
StartWorks Breakdown Structure (WBS) Theory (6:04)
StartHow to create a WBS in Candy (5:59)
StartCreating Activities (6:40)
StartAdding Logic Links (6:19)
StartSupplementary Logic and Linking (7:07)
StartDifferent options for interacting with and changing activities (6:54)
StartBasic Reporting in Candy (13:18)
"Excellent course, what I liked most is the step by step teaching method"
- Matthew Versfeld, Engineer, Roadmac Surfacing
"This was a great course and it assisted me to do better planning on Candy for my future"
- Pierre Cloete, Assistant Site Agent
"This was an excellent course - easy to follow and understand"
- Chosen Maluleke, Raubex
"Great startup course in Candy planning. Very well presented!"
- Guillaume Nel, Trainee Site Agent
Frequently Asked Questions
Enroll today and earn your certificate from one of the leading planning and controls consultancies in the industry